Japanese Americans and the Black Community
(Important Japanese Americans and Their Roles in the Black Community)
Japanese Americans Who Were Part of the History of the Central Area
These are dedicated and loyal people, many of whom either lived in the Central Area, or participated in helping Central Area Residents achieve their goals.
- Elaine Hayes (and her husband, Ralph),
a positive, loving community activist and neighbor, who quietly and
effectively insured the success of her neighbors of all races.
- Aki Kurose - Central Area resident, Educator, Civil Rights Activist, dedicated to helping anyone in need.
- Frank S. Fujii
- Sensei Kenji Yamada
and other Sensei of Seattle Dojo
- Our family GP was Dr. Suzuki and we used the pharmacy below his practice (Tokuda Drugs) for many years.
- Wendy Tokuda - former King-TV news personality and child advocate, now at KRON-TV, San Francisco.
- Kip Tokuda became successful in
their chosen professions. The salient point about our neighbor in the Central Area, was
the trustworthy people were of all different ethnic background, and though race was a
factor outside the community... in the C.D. it was Character , Civility ,
and Community Spirit that fortified us.
For more Japanese-American information and resources, see my Asian-American Connections page.
Return to Home.
Return to Jose Greco's Global Village.
© Copyright 2005 by Jose-Nicholas Greco
All Rights Reserved